- BofA analyst Vivek Arya believes chipmaker Nvidia Corp NVDA could benefit from growth in several areas.
- Arya chose Nvidia as his top large-cap sector pick.
- Nvidia and fellow semiconductor businesses Marvell Technology, Inc MRVL and Advanced Micro Devices, Inc AMD, can all immensely benefit from the continued growth in cloud computing, among other factors, Arya said.
- Arya also chose ON Semiconductor Corp ON as his top small- to mid-cap pick, saying the company would benefit from its automotive technology.
- Previously semiconductor companies had fewer drivers than now, such as computers and smartphones.
- However, presently, there are multiple end markets served by a consolidated set of chip vendors, delivering proprietary products and generating solid free cash flow margins.
- Arya's top picks serve end markets where he expects spending/content growth drivers to be most resilient, such as cloud computing/AI, high-end industrial, EV/advanced driver assist systems and rising chip complexity.
- Semis look compelling on a relative basis vs. industrial/Infotech stocks in the S&P 500 index with catalysts like easing of China lockdowns could help re-energize investor interest back in the sector.
- Price Action: NVDA shares traded lower by 1.63% at $183.68 on the last check Wednesday.
- Photo via Wikimedia Commons
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.