- Medtronic plc MDT and DaVita Inc DVA intend to form a new, independent kidney care-focused medical device company (NewCo).
- NewCo will focus on developing a broad suite of novel kidney care products and solutions, including future home-based products.
- Medtronic and DaVita will co-own the NewCo, each with equal equity stakes and led by an independent management team.
- Also Read: Why Are Medtronic Shares Plunging Today?
- Medtronic will contribute to its Renal Care Solutions business, including the current product portfolio (renal access, acute therapies, and chronic therapies), product pipeline, and global manufacturing R&D teams and facilities.
- Both companies will provide an initial investment to fund NewCo and future certain operating capital.
- NewCo, which will be renamed and rebranded at the close, will operate as an independent company governed by a six-person board of directors composed of two directors, each from Medtronic and DaVita and two independent directors.
- The transaction is expected to close in 2023.
- Price Action: DVA shares are up 2.23% at $97.55, and MDT shares are down 4.30% at $101.00 on the last check Thursday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.