- The Indian conglomerate Tata Group will roll out an all-in-one e-commerce app allowing users to buy everything from apparel to airline tickets, Bloomberg reported.
- Mumbai-based Tata Digital Pvt’s digital services platform, Tata Neu, will go live to consumers on April 7.
- The report noted Tata Neu is expected to give more power to the Indian conglomerate against rivals such as Amazon.Com Inc AMZN, billionaire Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance, and Walmart Inc WMT owned Flipkart.
- The application will host all of Tata’s brands, including, Croma, Westside, AirAsia India, the Taj chain of luxury hotels, and BigBasket.
- The report cited Bain & Co estimates, that the Indian e-retail segment is expected to be worth as much as $140 billion by March 2026.
- The 154-year-old Tata group is valued at $103 billion.
- Price Action: AMZN shares are trading higher by 0.47% at $3,190.00 in premarket on the last check Thursday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.