Want to jump straight to the best? Most of our users prefer Interactive Brokers for stock trading.
Artificial intelligence (AI) seems to go predictably awry in the movies. Films like “The Matrix” or “The Terminator” turn robots on unsuspecting humans and a long war ensues.
But the real AI technology under development intends to accomplish the opposite — improve our everyday lives and free up time for more productive activities.
Interested in backing the industry? Read on for Benzinga’s top picks for the best artificial intelligence stocks.
Overview: Artificial Intelligence Stocks
Most Americans were introduced to AI by the 1968 Stanley Kubrick classic “2001: A Space Odyssey.” But AI research actually predates modern science fiction going all the way back to the 1940s.
Enhanced computer technology and memory space allowed the IBM supercomputer Deep Blue to defeat Garry Kasparov, world chess champion, in 1997. AI programs have beaten the best of mankind at a number of contests in recent years, including IBM Watson’s victory over Jeopardy mega-champion Ken Jennings.
AI advances are everywhere today. Amazon uses AI to recommend products to shoppers, Google utilizes it in searches and Facebook even scoops up artificial intelligence startups without abandon.
Research increases as computational power grows. Companies investing heavily in AI today could pave the way for more growth in the future.
Best Online Brokers for Artificial Intelligence Stock
Artificial intelligence continues to grow at a rapid pace and finding shares to invest is no issue at most brokers. It’s easy to jump in as stocks and ETFs trade commission-free across the board now.
Take a look at our features to look for in artificial intelligence stock before you commit.
Webull, founded in 2017, is a mobile app-based brokerage that features commission-free stock and exchange-traded fund (ETF) trading. It’s regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
Webull offers active traders technical indicators, economic calendars, ratings from research agencies, margin trading and short-selling. Webull’s trading platform is designed for intermediate and experienced traders, although beginning traders can also benefit.
Webull is widely considered one of the best Robinhood alternatives.
- Active traders
- Intermediate traders
- Advanced traders
- No account maintenance fees or software platform fees
- No charges to open and maintain an account
- Intuitive trading platform with technical and fundamental analysis tools
- Does not support trading in mutual funds, bonds or OTC stocks
Moomoo is a commission-free mobile trading app available on Apple, Google and Windows devices. A subsidiary of Futu Holdings Ltd., it’s backed by venture capital affiliates of Matrix, Sequoia, and Tencent (NASDAQ: FUTU). Securities offered by Futu Inc., regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
Moomoo is another great alternative for Robinhood. This is an outstanding trading platform if you want to dive deep into smart trading. It offers impressive trading tools and opportunities for both new and advanced traders, including advanced charting, pre and post-market trading, international trading, research and analysis tools, and most popular of all, free Level 2 quotes.
Get started right away by downloading Moomoo to your phone, tablet or another mobile device.
- Cost-conscious traders
- Active and Advanced traders
- Over 8,000 different stocks that can be sold short
- Access trading and quotes in pre-market (4 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. ET) and post-market hours (4 p.m. to 8 p.m. ET)
- No minimum deposit to open an account.
- No chat support
It seems like new digital investment management platforms are sprouting up left and right, and for good reason — there’s a great need for easy, straightforward investment management that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg in fees or to get started. If you’re new to investing or an old hat who wants to make the switch to a virtual manager, deciding which features you need can be confusing if not overwhelming.
If you want a no-frills financial management platform, Axos Invest (formerly WiseBanyan) takes a traditional but sophisticated approach to automated online investing.
- Traditional investors trying out an automated investor for the first time
- New investors that want to take a hands-off approach to portfolio management
- Straightforward automated investing
- Relatively low account minimum and automated investing fee
- A solid roster of available investment account types
- Not a stand-out from other services if you’re someone who likes all the bells and whistles with your digital financial platform
- No direct relationship with a human financial advisor
This latest groundbreaking technology is IBKR GlobalAnalyst, a new trading tool that helps investors compare the rate of PEG or price-earnings growth valuations and provide more immediate and comprehensive financial metrics of stocks, globally.
Recognizing that stock selection can be challenging for investors to compare the valuations of domestic and international stocks, Interactive Brokers created GlobalAnalyst to offer investors a simple, yet powerful tool to easily evaluate investment opportunities around the world.
Using GlobalAnalyst, investors can search for stocks by region, country, industry, market capitalization and currency to uncover undervalued stocks worldwide. The resulting table displays the current market and financial metrics, including the PEG Ratio. The PEG Ratio is the PE ratio divided by the three-year compound earnings growth rate, and smaller PEG Ratios typically indicate undervalued companies.
- Price earnings growth valuations
- Easily evaluate investment opportunities
eToro is a broker that offers access to over 25 of the world’s most popular cryptocurrencies, forex and over 1600 stocks. They have a few unique education and useability tools. Traders can begin buying and selling in as little as 10 minutes.
eToro’s unique CopyTrader feature allows new investors to “copy” the buy and sell orders of professional investors, while the company’s eToro Club feature provides investors with a range of additional education tools and resources.
- Traders looking for an easy-to-use platform
- Traders who want to practice their trades using a virtual account before entering the market
- Simple platform that is easy to master
- CopyTrader feature that allows new traders to copy the same strategies used by professionals
- Virtual dummy account that gives you $100,000 to practice trades
- High non-trading fees
Features to Look for in Artificial Intelligence Stock
- True AI focus: Most major tech companies devote some financial and human capital toward AI development, but few have artificial intelligence at the forefront. Invest in a company that keeps an AI focus.
- Strong management: The future of AI is hard to predict because technology moves fast while public and federal perception remain somewhat stagnant. The best companies involve vision and leadership from executives who want more than just a happy conference call every 3 months.
- Pipeline of projects: Profits from artificial intelligence come from a variety of angles — driverless cars, virtual assistants, smarter search, automated customer service and more. Look for companies with a variety of projects consuming energy and capital.
Investing in Intelligent Machines
AI research may look scary in the movies, but the companies on this list aren’t looking to take over the world with an army of robots — at least not yet.
The goal of companies like NVIDIA and Salesforce is to make human lives easier. AI can improve search function, organize businesses and turn complex processes into simple decisions. AI could allow humankind the best of both worlds — the creativity of the human brain with the precision and speed of a computer.