New Cannabis Ventures recently published September results of its Ancillary Cannabis Index, which includes publicly traded companies that provide goods and services to cannabis operators.
The index continued to outpace the overall market in September, falling 10.4% to 83.77.
The Strongest Stocks
- Power REIT PW, closed at an all-time high last month and has gained 87% this year;
- WM Technology MAPS a SPAC that began trading on its own earlier this year, remains well above the SPAC price, and;
- AFC Gamma AFCG, which continues to trade above its March $19 IPO price.
- Power REIT, a real estate investment trust (REIT) that owns real estate related to Controlled Environment Agriculture (greenhouses) reported in May its plans to buy a greenhouse cannabis cultivation and processing facility in Michigan for around $18.5 million.
- “This acquisition is a great opportunity for Power REIT to gain scale,” said David Lesser, Power REIT’s chairman and CEO. “Like our other Controlled Environment Agriculture properties, this has significant potential for expansion. Once operational, this will be one of the largest cannabis greenhouse cultivation facilities in the United States even before any expansion.”
WM Technology, Inc., a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, announced in September that it had acquired Sprout, a cloud-based CRM & marketing platform. The firm seeks to reinforce its end-to-end operating system.
"Our strategy focuses on establishing WM Business as the software solution of choice for cannabis businesses (...) providing an all-in-one seamless and integrated solution to run, manage, and grow one's cannabis business," said Chris Beals, CEO and chairman of WM Technology, Inc.
AFC Gamma became the second cannabis-focused REIT to go public on the Nasdaq earlier this year after announcing a $56.4 million raise through its underwritten public offering of 2.75 million shares of its common stock at $20.50 per share. The company originates and funds loans to established cannabis operators in states with attractive licensing and favorable supply/demand environments.
The Weakest Names
- Agrify AGFY, one of the strongest stocks in previous months, remaining well above its $10 IPO price from January.
- Hydrofarm HYFM which posted an all-time low during September, is down 28% in 2021 but remains above its $20 IPO price in December; and,
- iPower IPW, which ended the month 21% below its May $5 IPO price.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.