Top Cannabis Companies, Organizations Launch U.S. Cannabis Council To Advance Industry
The U.S. Cannabis Council, a nonprofit organization focused on advancing cannabis reform, has officially launched.
The group — made up of cannabis activists, businesses, associations and advocates — will be dedicated to introducing federal reforms in an attempt to advance social equity and encourage regulated markets across the country.
The organization will also pursue justice for communities impacted by prior federal cannabis policies while creating an industry that offers social, financial, and environmental benefits.
USCC Interim CEO and founding member Steven Hawkins explained that the newly created entity represents a “unified voice advocating for the descheduling and legalization of cannabis.”
Hawkins is Marijuana Policy Project’s Executive Director.
“After so many years working towards meaningful reform, it’s inspiring to see the diverse group of partners who have formed this collective voice, and together, we are hopeful that true, meaningful federal cannabis reform is within reach,” Christian Sederberg, a partner at national cannabis law firm Vicente Sederberg, noted.
A step toward achieving their goal of creating a legally regulated cannabis market on both state and federal levels.
Founding Members Include:
- Acreage Holdings (CSE:ACRG)
- Akerna Corp.
- American Trade Association of Cannabis and Hemp
- Association for Cannabis Health Equity and Medicine
- BellRock Brands
- Buckeye Relief
- Cannabis Trade Federation
- Canopy Growth Corporation (NYSE:CGC) (TSE: WEED)
- Columbia Care Inc. (CSE:CCHW) (OTCQX:CCHWF)
- Cresco Labs Inc. (CSE:CL) (OTCQX:CRLBF)
- Cronos Group (NASDAQ:CRON)
- Curaleaf (OTCQX:CURLF)
- DNA Genetics
- Global Alliance for Cannabis Commerce
- Good Chemistry
- The Grove Cannabis Dispensary
- Headcount’s Cannabis Voter Project
- Husch Blackwell
- iAnthus Capital Holdings, Inc. (CSE:IAN) (OTC:ITHUF)
- Jushi Holdings Inc. (CSE:JUSH) (OTCQB:JUSHF)
- Keef Brands
- LivWell Enlightened Health
- Marijuana Policy Project
- Medicine Man Technologies Inc.
- MedMen Entreprises Inc. (CSE:MMEN) (OTCQX:MMNFF)
- Native Roots Cannabis Co.
- 1906 New Highs
- PAX Labs
- Raw Garden
- Schwazze (OTCQX:SHWZ)
- Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (NYSE:SMG)
- Urbn Leaf
- Veterans Cannabis Project
- Vicente Sederberg LLP
- Vireo Health International Inc.'s (CSE:VREO) (OTC:VREOF)
© 2020 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.