- AbbVie Inc ABBV reports Q2 adjusted EPS of $3.37, up 11.2% Y/Y and beating the consensus of $3.33.
- Overall sales increased 4.5% Y/Y (6.1% on an operational basis) to $14.58 billion, marginally missing the consensus of $14.62 billion.
- The immunology portfolio generated $7.21 billion in sales, +17.8% (+19.2% on an operational basis). Humira sales increased 5.8% to $5.36 billion. Skyrizi sales reached $1.25 billion (+85.9% Y/Y), and Rinvoq jumped 56.3% to $592 million.
- Hematologic oncology portfolio sales were $1.65 billion, down 9.1% (-7.9% on an operational basis). Imbruvica sales decreased 17.1% to $1.15 billion. Venclexta revenues were up 16.2% to $505 million.
- Sales from the neuroscience portfolio reached $1.66 billion, +13.7%. Aesthetics portfolio sales decreased 4.4% (-2.1% on an operational basis) to $1.37 billion, with $695 million in Botox sales for cosmetic uses.
- The adjusted gross margin expanded from 82.2% to 84.7%. The adjusted operating margin also improved from 49.7% to 51%.
- Guidance: AbbVie confirms FY22 adjusted EPS guidance to $13.78 - $13.98, compared to the consensus of $13.91.
- Price Action: ABBV shares are down 1.17% at $148.00 during the premarket session on the last check Friday.
- Photo via Wikimedia Commons
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.