- JMP Securities reiterates its Market Outperform rating but reduces the price target to $9 from $10 on Arbutus Biopharma Corp ABUS after data presentation at the European Association for the Study of the Liver International Liver Congress.
- The analysts said that AB-729 produces consistent s-antigen reductions across e-antigen positive and negative chronic hepatitis B patients, and e-antigen reductions were also observed for all patients.
- JMP views that the results should support the potential use of AB-729 as a component of the functional cure across a broad range of patients.
- Arbutus also presented initial results from CHB patients dosed QD with 50 (n=9), 100 (n=11), 200 (n=10) mg of capsid inhibitor AB-836, or placebo (n=5).
- Patients experienced robust reductions in HBV DNA, up to 4 log10, but there were also several ALT and AST elevations (elevated liver enzymes).
- Arbutus will conduct a study in healthy volunteers, likely with a longer duration, to determine if the liver enzyme elevations are beneficial or toxic.
- JMP suspects an "on target" effect causing the toxicity. However, Enanta Pharmaceuticals Inc ENTA reports similar DNA reductions for capsid inhibitor EDP-514 with no clinically significant ALT/AST elevations in 19 patients across three doses.
- The analysts have lowered AB-836 probability of approval from 60% to 50%, resulting in a new price target of $9.
- Price Action: ABUS shares are down 1.49% at $2.64 during the market session on the last check Tuesday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.