- Theravance Biopharma Inc TBPH has voluntarily discontinued its Phase 2 study of izencitinib (gut-selective oral pan-JAK inhibitor) in Crohn’s disease (Study 0173).
- The decision follows the planned review of trial data by the independent data monitoring committee, which determined concerns about the ongoing benefit-risk of continuing the trial.
- The committee, while, said there were no safety concerns.
- Related Link: Theravance Stock Plunges As JAK Inhibitor Flops Ulcerative Colitis Study.
- Price Action: TBPH shares are down 2.80% at $7.99 during the premarket session on the last check Tuesday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.