- Yesterday, Catalent Inc CTLT announced to acquire Metrics Contract Services for $475 million.
- Keybanc notes that the deal strengthens CTLT's oral delivery portfolio and targets rapidly growing biologic applications.
- Metrics produces highly active pharmaceutical ingredients that are very difficult to produce but very potent in small doses.
- "After recent acquisitions and capacity expansion on the cell and gene therapy front, this acquisition will continue to balance CTLT's portfolio, adding to its newly defined Pharmaceutical & Consumer Health segment, a ~$2.2 billion business that combined its legacy oral segments." Keybanc analyst wrote
- Some media outlets cited Catalent making a bid for Repligen Corporation RGEN, but Keybanc thinks it seems a stretch.
- The analyst says that a merger of equals seems unlikely with Catalent's $23 billion market cap and levered balance sheet compared to RGEN's $14 billion equity value.
- Price Action: CTLT shares closed at $109.94 on Friday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.