- Axsome Therapeutics Inc AXSM held an investor event to review its strategy with Sunosi, which is indicated for excessive daytime sleepiness (EDS) in narcolepsy and obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).
- SVB Leerink says its view on Sunosi has not changed.
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals Plc JAZZ struggled to differentiate Sunosi in a generic market, and SVB remains skeptical that Axsome will be able to do much better.
- Related: Axsome Acquires Sleep Disorder Drug From Jazz Pharma, Expanding Its Neuroscience Portfolio.
- Though the analyst believes the acquisition happened at a very attractive price, with good ROI on this investment to follow.
- Management provided peak sales guidance for OSA/narcolepsy of $300 million -500 million, in range with SVB's estimate for Sunosi before the Jazz launch.
- The analysts find it aggressive, with $150 million - $250 million more appropriate.
- Management points to over $1 billion opportunity, including ADHD indication. This program is just starting in adults (with initial data in 2H23), which then would be followed by studies in kids, suggesting a long way for the potential important label expansion.
- Price Action: AXSM shares are down 3.37% at $36.68 during the market session on the last check Wednesday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.