Orchard Platform's Week In Review: Picking Up On Mixed Trends In The Lending Space
Orchard Platform, a technology and data provider for the online lending space, introduced last Friday its "Weekly Online Lending Snapshot," which provides a look into the online lending space.
The new snapshot will be provided on a weekly basis with the intention of tracking online lending data and the major players in the space. The information will include both quantitative and qualitative analytics in order for investors to gain better insight into the latest developments.
Here is a summary of the some of the major indicators the report follows.
1. The Orchard Index, an index designed to measure the performance of direct online lending to U.S. consumers, last read 1,469.58, up from 1,394.96 a year ago. The index tracks the performance of the aggregate amount of loans to consumers originated and funded on U.S.-based online lending platforms.
2. The KBW/Nasdaq Fintech Index, an index that tracks the performance of companies that specialize in combining technology with financial products and services, last read 1,050.45, up from 1,006.83 a month ago. The index was just launched in July of this year.
3. The Liberum/AltFi Financial Disruptors Index (LAFDI) tracks companies that are considered to be disrupting banks and financial services by using new approaches. The index last read 1,802.30, which is down from 2,435.50 a year ago.
Below are the five stocks Orchard tracks and their recent opens.
- LendingClub Corp (NYSE: LC), which opened at $5.43 on Tuesday compared to last week when it opened at $5.60.
- On Deck Capital Inc (NYSE: ONDK), which opened at $6.39 on Tuesday compared to last week when it opened at $6.31.
- Yirendai Ltd -ADR (NYSE: YRD), which opened at $22.52 on Tuesday compared to last week's open at $28.83.
- Lendingtree Inc (NASDAQ: TREE), which opened at $96.38 on Tuesday compared to last week when it opened at $101.98.
- Square Inc (NYSE: SQ), which opened at $12.05 on Tuesday compared to last week when it opened at $11.98.
Latest Ratings for LC
|Dec 2016||Janney Capital||Initiates Coverage On||Neutral|
|Nov 2016||Morgan Stanley||Upgrades||Equal-Weight||Overweight|
© 2017 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.