The 10 Most Shorted Small-Cap Tech Stocks
In a report published on Wednesday, H.C. Wainwright looked into the small-cap technology sector.
The firm listed the companies with the highest and lowest price-to-sales and price-to-earnings ratios, and goes through the most relevant news in the segment.
In addition, the report analyzes short interest.
The small-cap tech stocks with the highest short interest ratios, according to Wainwright, are:
10) Neonode, Inc (NASDAQ: NEON) is the tenth most shorted stock, with a short interest ratio of 18.7 percent. The stock trades at 7.35 times the company's fiscal 2015 sales.
9) Rubicon Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: RBCN)'s ratio reaches 19.9 percent. The stock trades at 2.15 times the company's fiscal 2015 sales.
8) Nuverra Environmental Solutions Inc (NYSE: NES)'s ratio is 20 percent, while the P/S ratio is 0.2x.
7) Monster Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: MWW) has a short interest ratio of 21.7 percent and a P/S ratio of 0.76x.
6) Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc (NASDAQ: OMEX)'s ratio ascends to 21.8 percent, while the P/S ratio stands at 1.7x.
5) PhotoMedex Inc (NASDAQ: PHMD)'s short interest ratio stands at 22 percent, while P/S is barely 0.14x.
4) TASER International, Inc. (NASDAQ: TASR)'s stock is shorted at a ratio of 25 percent, and trades at 6.44 times the company's sales.
3) ExOne Co (NASDAQ: XONE) has a 25.9 percent short interest ratio. Shares trade at 3.29 times the company's earnings.
2) KEYW Holding Corp. (NASDAQ: KEYW)'s short interest ratio climbed to 28.3 percent. The stock trades at 0.88x P/S.
1) Ebix Inc (NASDAQ: EBIX)'s stock is the most shorted of its peers, with a 35.6 percent short interest ratio. Its stock trades at 4.21 times the company's earnings.
Latest Ratings for NEON
|Mar 2014||Ascendiant Capital||Initiates Coverage on||Buy|
|Dec 2012||Craig-Hallum||Initiates Coverage on||Buy|
© 2017 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.