Although US stocks closed lower on Thursday, there were a few notable insider trades.
When insiders purchase shares, it indicates their confidence in the company's prospects or that they view the stock as a bargain. Either way, this signals an opportunity to go long on the stock. Insider purchases should not be taken as the only indicator for making an investment or trading decision. At best, it can lend conviction to a buying decision.
Below is a look at a few recent notable insider purchases. For more, check out Benzinga's insider transactions platform.
- The Trade: America's Car-Mart, Inc. CRMT 10% owner Magnolia Group LLC acquired a total of 70,000 shares an average price of $68.72. To acquire these shares, it cost around $4.81 million.
- What’s Happening: America's Car-Mart recently agreed to acquire Taylor Auto Credit from Keith and Marcia Hagler.
- What America's Car-Mart Does: America's Car-Mart Inc is an automotive retailer in the us focused exclusively on the Integrated Auto Sales and Finance segment of the used car market.
- The Trade: The Howard Hughes Corporation HHC Director William Ackman acquired a total of 51,452 shares at an average price of $74.56. To acquire these shares, it cost around $3.84 million.
- What’s Happening: The company, last month, posted downbeat quarterly results.
- What Howard Hughes Does: The Howard Hughes Corp is a real estate company that develops master-planned communities (MPCs) and is involved in other strategic real estate development opportunities across the United States.
Don’t forget to check out our premarket coverage here
Check This Out: Why Fear Level Among US Investors Is Increasing
- The Trade: Coinbase Global, Inc. COIN Director Tobias Lutke bought a total of 10,520 shares at an average price of $34.75. To acquire these shares, it cost around $365.57 thousand.
- What’s Happening: Barclays recently maintained Coinbase Global with an Equal-Weight and lowered the price target from $44 to $37.
- What Coinbase Global Does: Founded in 2012, Coinbase is the leading cryptocurrency exchange platform in the United States.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.