Although US stocks closed sharply higher on Monday, there were a few notable insider trades.
When insiders purchase shares, it indicates their confidence in the company's prospects or that they view the stock as a bargain. Either way, this signals an opportunity to go long on the stock. Insider purchases should not be taken as the only indicator for making an investment or trading decision. At best, it can lend conviction to a buying decision.
Below is a look at a few recent notable insider purchases. For more, check out Benzinga's insider transactions platform.
Dave & Buster's Entertainment
- The Trade: Dave & Buster's Entertainment, Inc. PLAY 10% owner Scott Ross acquired a total of 287,961 shares an average price of $34.66. To acquire these shares, it cost around $9.98 million.
- What’s Happening: The company recently posted upbeat quarterly sales.
- What Dave & Buster's Entertainment Does: Dave & Buster's Entertainment Inc owns and operates nearly a hundred entertainment and dining establishments in the United States where customers can eat, drink, play games, and watch televised sports.
- The Trade: Freshworks Inc. FRSH Director Sameer Gandhi acquired a total of 590,000 shares at an average price of $14.85. To acquire these shares, it cost around $8.76 million.
- What’s Happening: Credit Suisse, last month, initiated coverage on Freshworks with a Neutral rating and announced a price target of $14.
- What Freshworks Does: Freshworks Inc provides software as a service platform that enables small and medium-sized businesses to support customers through e-mail, phone, website, and social networks.
Don’t forget to check out our premarket coverage here .
Also check this: CNN Fear & Greed Index Moves To 'Greed' Zone After Dow Jumps Over 500 Points
- The Trade: GoHealth, Inc. GOCO 10% owner CB Blizzard Holdings C LP bought a total of 85,269 shares at an average price of $14.52. To acquire these shares, it cost around $1.24 million.
- What’s Happening: GoHealth, last month, posted a Q3 loss of $0.23 per share.
- What GoHealth Does: GoHealth Inc is a health insurance marketplace in America. Its technology platform leverages modern machine-learning algorithms and helps individuals find the best health insurance plan for their specific needs.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.