The Dow Jones surged by more than 800 points on Friday. Investors, meanwhile, focused on some notable insider trades.
When insiders purchase or sell shares, it indicates their confidence or concern around the company's prospects. Investors and traders interested in penny stocks can consider this a factor in their overall investment or trading decision.
Below is a look at a few recent notable insider transactions for penny stocks. For more, check out Benzinga's insider transactions platform.3
- The Trade: OPKO Health, Inc. OPK Chief Innovation Officer Gary Nabel acquired a total of 240,000 shares at an average price of $2.49. To acquire these shares, it cost around $597.39 thousand.
- What’s Happening: The company, last month, said it swung to a loss in the first quarter.
- What OPKO Health Does: OPKO Health Inc is a diversified biotechnology company that operates pharmaceutical and diagnostic development programs.
- The Trade: BitNile Holdings, Inc. NILE 10% owner Milton C. Ault III acquired a total of 225,000 shares at an average price of $0.29. The insider spent around $64.53 thousand to buy those shares.
- What’s Happening: The company, last month, posted a sharp rise in quarterly sales.
- What BitNile Holdings Does: BitNile Holdings Inc is a diversified holding company owning subsidiaries engaged in commercial and defence solutions, commercial lending, and data centre operations in North America, Europe, the Middle East, and internationally.
Don’t forget to check out our premarket coverage here .
- The Trade: NN, Inc. NNBR 10% owner Hjalmar Eric Soderlund acquired a total of 68,083 shares at an average price of $2.34. To acquire these shares, it cost around $159.23 thousand.
- What’s Happening: The company, last month, posted upbeat quarterly sales.
- What NN Does: NN Inc is a diversified industrial company that combines advanced engineering and production capabilities with in-depth materials science expertise to design and manufacture high-precision solutions and components.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.