Although the Dow Jones dropped by more than 600 points on Thursday, there were a few notable insider trades.
When insiders purchase shares, it indicates their confidence in the company's prospects or that they view the stock as a bargain. Either way, this signals an opportunity to go long on the stock. Insider purchases should not be taken as the only indicator for making an investment or trading decision. At best, it can lend conviction to a buying decision.
Below is a look at a few recent notable insider purchases. For more, check out Benzinga's insider transactions platform.
- The Trade: Tricida, Inc. TCDA 10% owner Nimish Shah acquired a total of 588,024 shares at at an average price of $9.65. To acquire these shares, it cost around $5.67 million.
- What’s Happening: Tricida, last month, said it is stopping its VALOR-CKD renal outcomes trial early for administrative reasons under the existing study protocol to allow for six months of financial runway following topline results, currently anticipated in early Q4 2022.
- What Tricida Does: Tricida Inc is a pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of its drug candidate, veverimer (TRC101), a non-absorbed, orally-administered polymer designed to treat metabolic acidosis by binding and removing acid from the gastrointestinal, or GI, tract.
Clearwater Analytics Holdings
- The Trade: Clearwater Analytics Holdings, Inc. CWAN 10% owner Durable Capital Partners LP acquired a total of 567,547 shares at an average price of $13.53. To acquire these shares, it cost around $7.68 million.
- What’s Happening: Wells Fargo recently maintained an Overweight rating on Clearwater Analytics and lowered price target to $22.
- What Clearwater Analytics Does: Clearwater Analytics Holdings Inc provides investment accounting and reporting, performance measurement, compliance monitoring, and risk analytics solutions for asset managers, insurance companies, and large corporations.
Don’t forget to check out our premarket coverage here .
- The Trade: Archrock, Inc. AROC 10% owner Melinda Hildebrand bought a total of 200,000 shares at an average price of $10.18. To acquire these shares, it cost around $2.04 million.
- What’s Happening: Archrock, last month, posted Q1 EPS of $0.01.
- What Archrock Does: Archrock Inc is a U.S. based natural gas contract operations services company and provider of natural gas compression services.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.