Although the Nasdaq Composite gained 1.5% on Wednesday, there were a few notable insider trades.
When insiders purchase shares, it indicates their confidence in the company's prospects or that they view the stock as a bargain. Either way, this signals an opportunity to go long on the stock. Insider purchases should not be taken as the only indicator for making an investment or trading decision. At best, it can lend conviction to a buying decision.
Below is a look at a few recent notable insider purchases. For more, check out Benzinga's insider transactions platform.
- The Trade: Insight Enterprises, Inc. NSIT Director Valueact Holdings GP Llc acquired a total of 160,000 shares at at an average price of $95.30. To acquire these shares, it cost around $15.25 million.
- What’s Happening: The company recently posted upbeat quarterly results.
- What Insight Enterprises Does: Insight Enterprises Inc is a Fortune 500 global IT provider primarily engaged in helping businesses of all sizes, large enterprises, governments, schools, and health care organizations.
- The Trade: Groupon, Inc. GRPN 10% owner Pale Fire Capital Se acquired a total of 458,794 shares at an average price of $11.55. To acquire these shares, it cost around $5.3 million.
- What’s Happening: Groupon recently reported worse-than-expected Q1 EPS and sales results and issued FY22 sales guidance below analyst estimates.
- What Groupon Does: Groupon acts as the middleman between consumers and merchants, offering a variety of products and services at discounts via its online store.
Don’t forget to check out our premarket coverage here .
- The Trade: Newmark Group, Inc. NMRK 10% owner John Palmer bought a total of 99,889 shares at an average price of $25.31. To acquire these shares, it cost around $2.53 million.
- What’s Happening: Newmark Group recently reported the purchase of Open Realty Advisors, Properties.
- What Newmark Group Does: Newmark Group Inc is a commercial real estate advisory firm. It offers services, including leasing and corporate advisory services, investment sales, commercial mortgage brokerage, appraisal and valuation, project management, and property, among others.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.