CNBC and Institutional Investor will be hosting the renowned "Delivering Alpha" conference at New York City's Pierre Hotel on Tuesday.
While Benzinga Pro will be publishing headlines from the event in real time, Benzinga.com will also be hosting a live blog which will be updated just seconds after the headlines hit Benzinga Pro. Tune in to to get all the updates from Delivering Alpha!
To be informed on all the market players who will be presenting and the times they will be presenting, check out the full schedule.
- 5:47 pm: Icahn Calls Having a Major Short Position in Herbalife 'Absurd'
- 5:44 pm: UPDATE: Icahn Says Has No Stated Intention to Make Tender Offer for Herbalife, 'But Thought About' It, Sees Co. As a Candidate to Go Private
- 5:43 pm: Icahn Says Would Consider Tender Offer for Herbalife
- 5:35 pm: Icahn Said FTC Was Involved In Herbalife HLF Because Of Ackman, Pure and Simple; Says FTC Took Long Time Looking At Herbalife
- 5:13 pm: Icahn Says Does Not Matter if Fed Raises Rates, 'There is Still a Problem'
- 5:11 pm: Icahn Sees Current Environment as 'Very Dangerous'
- 5:10 pm: Carl Icahn Now Taking the Stage
- 5:07 pm: Schwarzman Likes Oil Sector, Sees Oil Trading Between $40-$50/Barrel
- 5:01 pm: Schwarzman Believes Fed Raising Rates Will Have Temporary Effect Globally
- 4:59 pm: Schwarzman Says Fed Eventually Raising Rates Will Not 'Make a Difference' to US Economy
- 4:56 pm: Schwartzman Says Fed Will Raise Rates Eventually, But Won't Make Difference To U.S. Economy
- 4:55 pm: Blackstone's Steve Schwarzman Sees Equities as 'a Little Expensive'
- 3:16 pm: Saba Capital's Boaz Weinstein Says Volatility As An Asset Class In Underinvested And Not Expensive
- 2:59 pm: Tony Ressler Of Ares Management Direct Lending Business Attractive For Them, 6-12% Return
- 2:52 pm: Tsai Says Company Wouldn't Buyback BABA Shares From Yahoo, Because Of Tax Liability, Shares Are Still Legally Outstanding, Not Retired; Would Create Problems
- 2:31 pm: Tsai Highlights 75% of Mobile Users Are Below the Age of 35
- 2:26 pm: Tsai Says Stock Up 40% Since Chanos Announced Short, Says Last Quarter They Grew Rev. 59% vs. Ebay In Single Digits
- 2:25 pm: Alibaba's Joseph Tsai Says Chanos Doesn't Try To Understand Alibaba Business, Says Its Extremely Cash Flow Positive
- 2:12 pm: Conference Goers, Presenters Returning from Lunch; Alibaba Vice Chair Joseph Tsai Next Presenter on the Schedule
- 12:24 pm: Chanos Says Alibaba Does Not Have Enough Disclosure, Doesn't Know What They Are Really Earning
- 12:23 pm: Chanos Says Alibaba BABA Growing Its Balance Sheet Faster Than Business, "Sees Cash Going Out The Door, Not In"
- 12:18 pm: Chanos Says Amazon Is A Cash Generating Machine vs. Tesla
- 12:14 pm: Chanos Believes Tesla, SolarCity Merger Will Have Cash Burn Rate Of $1B/Qtr, At Risk Of Capital Markets; Calls SolarCity Model Uneconomic
- 12:12 pm: Kynikos Associates Jim Chanos Reiterating His Tesla TSLA And SolarCity SCTY Short, Calls Merger Crazy; Believes It Is Damaging To Tesla Shareholders
- 12:08 pm: Bishop Says Freeport-McMoRan FCX Still A Troubled Company, Getting Good Prices For Assets
- 12:07 pm: Bishop Says Teck Resources TCK Management Done A Good Job Of Cutting Costs
- 12:04 pm: Impala Asset Management's Robert Bishop Says Aluminum and Zinc In Deficit, Very Little New Supply Coming On Board, Will Lead To Higher Prices
- 11:58 am: Miller Believes Airlines Are Cheap, Now Talking Delta DAL
- 11:55 am: Miller Says You Can Buy Entire Valeant For Less Than Value Of Bausch & Lomb, Says All Of Valeant's Investigations Have To Play Out; Won't Have Significant Impact
- 11:54 am: Legg Mason's Bill Miller Says He Likes Amazon AMZN, Says Valeant VRX Is One Of His Largest Position; Believes Amazon Stock Will Double In 3 Years
- 11:47 am: Singer Says Bond Market Is Biggest Bubble In The World; Singer Is Now Done Presenting, Best Ideas Panel Is Up Next
- 11:42 am: Singer Highlighting Both Stocks and Bonds Can Down Together; Says He Likes Gold
- 11:31 am: Singer Says Monetary Policies Post-2008 Have Been Growth-Supressive, Says Bonds Are Not Safe Havens; Believes There Is 'Tremendous' Risk In Owning 10, 20, 30 Year Bonds
- 11:28 am: Elliott's Paul Singer Says Mitt Romney Policies Would Have Generated More Growth, Says 8 Years Of Declining Rates Have Not Created An Uptick In Growth
- 10:52 am: 'What Happened To Alpha' Panel Concludes, Conference is Now on a Coffee Break til After 11 a.m. EDT; A Keynote from Elliott's Paul Singer Next on the Schedule
- 10:32 am: JPMorgan's Mary Callahan Erdoes Says 'Enormous Amount of People Sitting in Cash'
- 10:12 am: Dalio Highlights 'Almost Everyone' in Hedge Fund Community is Leveraged Long in Markets
- 10:09 am: Former Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, at Delivering Alpha Conference, Says He Believes Idea 'China Will Blow Up' is Exaggerated
- 9:57 am: Dalio Says He Believes Fed is Putting Too Much Emphasis on the Business Cycle and Not Enough on the Long-Term Debt Cycle
- 9:55 am: Dalio Highlights His Belief We Are in a Period Similar to That of 1935-1945
- 9:48 am: Ray Dalio, at Delivering Alpha, Says Sees 1.5-2% US Growth for '16
- 9:47 am: Bridgewater Capital's Ray Dalio Currently Onstage at Delivering Alpha Conference
- 8:58 am: Lew Says TPP Good For U.S. Workers And Good For U.S. Leadership In The World For Important Strategic Issues, Still Believes There's Support For TPP
- 8:53 am: When Asked About Pending Matters With Other Companies Outside Of Apple AAPL, Lew Says He Can't Address Any Individual Cases
- 8:42 am: U.S. Secretary of Treasury Jacob Lew takes the stage.
- 7:15 am: Benzinga is first in the room!
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.