Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4c7c72/us_market_for_vita) has announced the addition of the "US Market for Vitamin and Mineral Ingredients in Nutraceuticals" report to their offering.
The US is the largest nutraceutical market and this is probably due to cultural as well as regulating factors. American consumers have a long history of taking food supplements. It is forecast that the market for vitamin and mineral ingredients in nutraceuticals in the US will double over the next five years. Demand for vitamins and mineral nutraceutical ingredients is anticipated to account for over $2.billion come 2015. Credit for this can be given to an aging population and rising trends for healthy living.
Vitamin C looks to be a promising contributor in the market growth in the vitamins category, having a growth forecast for over 42 per cent. Since it remains a widely used product, ranging from food items to beverages, it's no surprise that it has taken the market lead. All through 2015, it is expected that vitamins will expedite profit making, garnering the biggest growth amongst vitamin A, E, and other vitamins.
While some large food corporations, such as Kellogg's, General Mills or Procter & Gamble, are at the forefront of nutrition research, the leading suppliers of vitamin and mineral nutraceutical ingredients in the US market remain Archer Daniels Midland, Royal DSM (Netherlands) and BASF SE based in Germany. It cannot be denied that the consumers in pursuit of a better and healthier lifestyle hold the credit for the massive expansion of this market, not just in the United States, but on a global level too. However, many corporations now in the US are tending to approach the nutraceutical ingredients sector as a marketing issue rather than from the point of view of innovation. The regulatory situation, still in process of evaluation, has also opened the door for new age players to take advantage of the opportunity. However, under the pressure of new organizations, this opportunity may, it is believed, be of limited duration.
This report covers the following:
- A statistical analysis of the US market for vitamin and mineral ingredients in nutraceuticals.
- Analysis of the market segments including dietary supplements, fortified foods and beverages, and specialty nutritionals.
- Analysis of the products in this industry including vitamin and mineral nutraceutical ingredients, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, other vitamins, essential minerals, and electrolytes and trace minerals.
- Distribution channels through which these products are marketed and sold in the US are analyzed, along with a look at industry trends, regulatory framework, and the industry structure.
- Major players are analyzed in this report through a company overview, analysis of business segments, presence in the market, and a SWOT analysis.
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- BASF SE
- Royal DSM NV
- Cargill Inc
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4c7c72/us_market_for_vita
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager,
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.