- Avery Dennison Corp AVY reported second-quarter FY22 sales growth of 11.7% year-on-year to $2.347 billion, marginally beating the consensus of $2.34 billion.
- Reported sales for the Label and Graphic Materials segment increased 8% to $1.5 billion; Retail Branding and Information Solutions surged 24% to $658 million; Industrial and Healthcare Materials grew by 1% to $198 million.
- Gross profit rose 11.7% Y/Y to $643.5 million.
- Marketing, general and administrative expenses rose 8.4% Y/Y to $332.7 million.
- It reported an operating margin of 13%, with operating income growing 14% to $307.4 million.
- The company held $164.8 million in cash and equivalents as of July 2, 2022. Net cash provided by operating activities for the six months was $394.4 million.
- Adjusted EPS of $2.64 beat the analyst consensus of $2.37.
- Outlook: Avery raised the FY22 adjusted EPS outlook to $9.70 - $10.00 (previously $9.45 - $9.85) versus the consensus of $9.62.
- Price Action: AVY shares are trading higher by 1.36% at $174.10 in premarket on the last check Wednesday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.