- Acuity Brands, Inc. AYI reported third-quarter FY22 net sales growth of 17.9% year-over-year to $1.1 billion, beating the consensus of $985.42 million.
- Adjusted EPS improved to $3.52 (+27.1% Y/Y), beating the consensus of $2.96.
- Sales by segments: Acuity Brands Lighting and Lighting Controls $1 billion (+18.6% Y/Y) and Intelligent Spaces Group $58.3 million (+5.2% Y/Y).
- Gross margin for the quarter contracted by 100 bps to 41.9%. The operating profit increased by 20.8% Y/Y to $143 million, and the margin expanded by 33 bps to 13.5%.
- Adjusted operating margin expanded by 10 bps to 15.3%.
- Acuity Brands generated cash from operating activities year-to-date of $165.7 million (-47.6% Y/Y).
- Adjusted EBITDA increased by 16.2% Y/Y to $176.1 million, and margin contracted by 25 bps to 16.6%.
- AYI repurchased 2.3 million shares of common stock YTD for $405 million.
- The company also issued a separate statement on the appointment of Marcia J. Avedon as an Independent Director.
- Dividend: AYI board declared a quarterly dividend of $0.13 per share, payable on August 1, 2022, to shareholders of record on July 15, 2022.
- Price Action: AYI shares are trading higher by 0.24% at $156.12 during the market session on Thursday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.