- Simply Good Foods Co SMPL reported third-quarter FY22 sales growth of 11.5% year-on-year to $316.53 million, beating the consensus of $294.11 million.
- Gross profit was $118.6 million, with a gross margin contracting 510 basis points Y/Y to 37.5%.
- Operating expenses were $63.4 million, up 4.5% Y/Y. Operating margin was 17.5%.
- Adjusted EBITDA decreased 6.2% Y/Y to $63.3 million.
- Net income jumped to $38.8 million from $5.9 million last year. Adjusted EPS of $0.44 beats the consensus of $0.35.
- The company generated $67.3 million operating cash flow during nine months and ended Q3 with cash and equivalents totaling $56.7 million.
- Outlook: Simply Good sees FY22 sales growth of 14% - 15%. Adjusted EBITDA outlook is expected to increase slightly less than the net sales growth rate, while Adjusted EPS is expected to grow greater than the Adjusted EBITDA growth rate.
- "The net sales increase in the quarter was greater than our expectation due to better than anticipated retail takeaway growth and higher customer inventory that was not drawn down during the quarter," said CEO Joseph E. Scalzo.
- Price Action: SMPL shares are trading lower by 3.98% at $39.56 on the last check Thursday.
- Photo Via Wikimedia Commons
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.