- Badger Meter Inc BMI reported third-quarter FY21 sales growth of 13.3% year-on-year to $128.7 million, beating the consensus of $126.5 million.
- Robust order activity and water quality acquisitions drove a 12.2% Y/Y growth in utility water sales. Excluding acquisitions, Core utility water sales increased 1.7% Y/Y.
- Sales of flow instrumentation products grew 18.5% Y/Y.
- The gross margin improved 20 basis points to 39.8%. The operating margin contracted 210 basis points to 15.1%.
- EPS of $0.54 beat the analyst consensus of $0.50.
- It held $67 million in cash and equivalents and generated $17.7 million in operating cash flow.
- "Throughout the quarter, we took a variety of strategic actions to continue serving our customers in the face of ongoing electronic and other component delays. Additionally, we continue to combat increasing inflationary cost pressures across the business," said Kenneth C. Bockhorst, Chairman, President and CEO.
- Price action: BMI shares traded lower by 0.13% at $102.76 on Friday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.