- AT&T Inc T reported first-quarter FY21 consolidated revenue growth of 2.7% year-on-year to $43.9 billion, exceeding the consensus estimate of $42.69 billion. EPS rose 2.4% to $0.86, beating the analyst estimate of $0.78.
- Higher Mobility revenues, mainly from equipment sales, and higher WarnerMedia revenues drove the growth, partially offset by a decline in the domestic video, business wireline, and Latin America.
- Communication revenue rose 5.2% Y/Y to $28.2 billion from growth in Mobility, partially offset by a decline in Business Wireline and stable Consumer Wireline. The operating margin contracted 150 basis points to 26.1%.
- Mobility’s operating margin contracted 180 basis points to 31.5%, Business Wireline’s operating margin rose 10 basis points to 17.5%, and Consumer Wireline’s operating margin contracted 690 basis points to 9.8%.
- WarnerMedia revenue rose 9.8% to $8.5 billion from higher subscription, advertising, and content revenues. The operating margin contracted 270 basis points to 23%.
- Latin American revenue declined 13.6% to $1.4 billion from adverse foreign exchange and the pandemic. Vrio revenue declined 16.2% to $743 million. Mexico revenue declined 10.2% to $631 million.
- The consolidated operating income rose 2.7% to $7.7 billion from higher revenues and lower merger amortization costs.
- AT&T generated $9.9 billion in operating cash flow and $5.9 billion in free cash flow. Net debt rose by $21.4 billion sequentially due to the funding of C-band spectrum payments.
- FY21 Outlook: AT&T expects a 1% annual consolidated revenue growth and stable EPS with FY20; Free cash flow of roughly $26 billion compared to $27.5 billion last year; total dividend payout ratio in the high 50% range.
- Price action: T shares traded higher by 2.99% at $31.01 in the premarket session on the last check Thursday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.