EBay Delivers Mixed Earnings
eBay Inc (NASDAQ: EBAY) shares are moving after releasing its first quarter earnings. The company announced it added 2 million buyers in the quarter.
- eBay reports Q1 Adj. EPS $0.49, beating estimates by $0.01
- Sales came in at $2.2billion, missing estimates by $10 million
- Sees Q2 Adj. EPS $0.43-$0.45, with sales in the $2.28-$2.32 billion range
- Revenues rose 3.7 percent in the quarter
- Sees FY17 Adj. EPS $1.98-$2.03 with FY sales of $9.3B-$9.5B
"The first quarter was a strong start to the year with accelerating growth in active buyers, revenue and our core U.S. business," said Devin Wenig, President and CEO of eBay Inc. "We are on the right path as we continue to evolve our shopping platform for consumers, leverage our technology advantages and market a sharpened eBay brand globally."
At last check, eBay shares were down less than a percent after hours at $33.65.
© 2017 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.