Recap: Wednesday's Top Percentage Gainers and Losers
1) China Sunergy (NASDAQ: CSUN): Shares of China Sunergy closed up 21% from Tuesday's close to $2.18. The company was initiated with a Buy at Collins Stewart. The price target for shares was set at $3.15. The stock recently hit a 52-week low of $1.50 on June 20th.
2) Spartan Motors (NASDAQ: SPAR): Shares of Spartan Motors closed up 20.9%% from yesterday's close to $5.32. The company was initiated with a Buy at BB&T Capital Markets. A positive article regarding Spartan was published by Seeking Alpha yesterday. The article can be found here..
3) AeroVironment (NASDAQ: AVAV): Shares of AeroVironment closed up 20.6% from yesterday's close to $34.51. The company reported Q4 earnings of $0.79 per share versus estimates of $0.69 per share. Revenue came in at $106.1 million versus estimates of $99 million. AeroVironment issued fiscal year 2012 earnings guidance of $1.28 to $1.35 per share on revenue of $321 to $336 million. Estimates were for $1.24 per share on $319 million in revenue.
4) China Zenix Auto International (NYSE: ZX): Shares of China Zenix Auto closed up 20.2% from yesterday's close to $5.35. Yesterday, the company was initiated with an Outperform at Oppenheimer. The price target was set at $8.
5) ZAGG (NASDAQ: ZAGG): Shares of ZAGG closed up 18.5% from yesterday's close to $14.93. Yesterday, the company announced the acquisition of iFrogs, Inc, which is a privately held mobile device accessory company. The deal is valued at $105 million. The purchase will expand ZAGG's product line while broadening its retail distribution capabilities. The stock hit a 52-week high of $15.30 in today's session.
Other Notable Gainers
Pilgrim's Pride (NYSE: PPC): Shares of Pilgrim's Pride closed up 15.6% from yesterday's close to $5.40. The company was upgraded from Hold to Buy at BB&T Capital Markets. The 12-month price target was set at $7.50.
Asia Entertainment & Resources (NASDAQ: AERL): Shares of Asia Entertainment & Resources closed up 15% from yesterday's close to $6.45. The company's Board of Directors authorized a semi-annual cash dividend of $0.10 per common share. Asia Entertainment also enacted a $2 million share repurchase program.
Sky-mobi (NASDAQ: MOBI): Shares of Sky-mobi closed up 15% from yesterday's close to $6.80. The stock started out the day in negative territory, but heavy buying volume began pushing shares higher at 9:40am. The stock has been flirting with its 52-week low of $4.98 in recent action, but has strong support around $5.12.
ReneSola (NYSE: SOL): Shares of ReneSola are closed up 13.8% from yesterday's close to $4.96. A positive article regarding the company was published today by Seeking Alpha. The stock hit a 52-week low of $4.33 in yesterday's trading session. The article can be found here..
1) FSI International (NASDAQ: FSII): Shares of FSI International closed down 24.5% from yesterday's close to $2.78. The company reported Q3 earnings of $0.10 per share on $25.6 million in sales versus earnings of $0.18 per share on $28.7 million in sales for the same period last year. FSI issued Q4 guidance of $25 to $30 million in sales versus analyst estimates of $32 million.
2) Verso Paper (NYSE: VRS): Shares of Verso Paper closed down 11.7% from yesterday's close to $2.65. The stock started out the day in positive territory, but heavy selling volume began pushing shares down at 9:55am. Verso's 50-day simple moving average recently crossed below its 200-day simple moving average (one year daily chart), which is a bearish signal known as the “Death Cross.”
3) La-Z-Boy (NYSE: LZB): Shares of La-Z-Boy closed down 10.9% from yesterday's close to $9.71. A report featuring La-Z-Boy was published by Zacks Equity Research (Zacks.com) today. The company was cut from Buy to Hold by Wall Street Strategies. The stock broke below its 50-day simple moving average in today's session. A bearish head and shoulders pattern appears to be taking shape on a six month daily chart.
4) Koninklijke Philips Electronics (NYSE: PHG): Shares of Koninklijke Philips Electronics closed down 10.3% from yesterday's close to $23.36. The company warned that margin pressure, higher-than-anticipated marketing costs, and weak demand will negatively impact its Q2 earnings. Koninklijke was cut from Buy to Hold by S&P Equity Research. SNS also cut Koninklijke from Buy to Reduce.
5) Wave systems (NASDAQ: WAVX): Shares of Wave Systems closed down 10.1% from yesterday's close to $2.68. The company announced plans to offer up to $30 million in additional mixed securities. Wave Systems filed a $30 million shelf registration statement with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Other Notable Losers
Senomyx (NASDAQ: SNMX): Shares of Senomyx closed down 9.2% from yesterday's close to $4.63. The stock's 50-day simple moving average recently crossed below its 200-day simple moving average (one year daily chart), which is a bearish signal known as the “Death Cross.”
Raptor Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: RPTP): Shares of Raptor Pharmaceuticals closed down 9.5% from yesterday's close to $5.79. The stock recently hit a 52-week high of $6.75 on June 16th. Shares have gained 78% since the beginning of May.
Origin Agritech (NASDAQ: SEED): Shares of Origin Agritech closed down 7% from yesterday's close to $4.13. The stock hit a 52-week low of $4.11 in today's session. The year-to-date performance of Origin Agritech has been a loss of 61%.
Vanceinfo Technologies (NYSE: VIT): Shares of Vancinfo Technologies closed down 6.8% from yesterday's close to $20.05. The stock is nearing its 52-week low of $19.62, which was set on June 16th.
© 2017 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.