The Nasdaq climbed by more than 200 points on Tuesday. Investors, meanwhile, focused on some notable insider trades.
When insiders sell shares, it indicates their concern in the company’s prospects or that they view the stock as being overpriced. Either way, this signals an opportunity to go short on the stock. Insider sales should not be taken as the only indicator for making an investment or trading decision. At best, it can lend conviction to a selling decision.
Below is a look at a few recent notable insider sales. For more, check out Benzinga's insider transactions platform.
- The Trade: Robinhood Markets, Inc. HOOD Chief Legal Officer Daniel M. Gallagher, Jr. sold a total of 12,500 shares at an average price of $10.92. The insider received around $136.49 thousand from selling those shares.
- What’s Happening: Robinhood raised its “Robinhood Gold” interest rate to 4.15% APY, while the national average interest rate on savings accounts stands at 0.33%.
- What Robinhood Does: Robinhood Markets Inc is creating a modern financial services platform.
Check This Out: Top 5 Consumer Stocks That May Dip
Have a look at our premarket coverage here
- The Trade: HCA Healthcare, Inc. HCA SVP - Mktg. & Communications Deborah Reiner sold a total of 7,941 shares at an average price of $257.61. The insider received around $2.05 million from selling those shares.
- What’s Happening: HCA Healthcare reported worse-than-expected Q4 adjusted EPS and sales results.
- What HCA Healthcare Does: HCA Healthcare is a Nashville-based healthcare provider organization operating the largest collection of acute-care hospitals in the U.S.
Super Micro Computer
- The Trade: Super Micro Computer, Inc. SMCI SVP, Operations George Kao sold a total of 2,000 shares at an average price of $85.04. The insider received around $170.08 thousand from selling those shares.
- What’s Happening: Super Micro Computer reported fiscal second-quarter results and issued third-quarter guidance at the low end or below analyst expectations.
- What Super Micro Computer Does: Super Micro Computer Inc provides high-performance server technology services to cloud computing, data center, Big Data, high-performance computing, and "Internet of Things" embedded markets.
- The Trade: Evercore Inc. EVR General Counsel Jason Klurfeld sold a total of 7,780 shares at an average price of $133.70. The insider received around $1.04 million from selling those shares.
- What’s Happening: The company recently posted upbeat quarterly results.
- What Evercore Does: Evercore is an independent investment bank that derives the majority of its revenue from financial advisory, including merger, acquisition, and restructuring advisory.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.