The most overbought stocks in the real estate sector presents an opportunity to go short on these overvalued companies.
The RSI is a momentum indicator, which compares a stock's strength on days when prices go up to its strength on days when prices go down. When compared to a stock's price action, it can give traders a better sense of how a stock may perform in the short term. An asset is typically considered overbought when the RSI is above 70.
Here’s the latest list of major overbought players in this sector.
Getty Realty Corp. GTY
- Getty Realty, during October, raised its FY22 AFFO guidance. The company’s stock has a 52-week high of $34.47 .
- RSI Value: 71.73
- GTY Price Action: Shares of Getty Realty fell 0.2% to settle at $34.33 on Friday, and fell 3.9% in the after-hours trading session.
Forestar Group Inc. FOR
- Forestar Group, last month, posted better-than-expected Q4 results. The company’s stock has a 52-week high of $22.60.
- RSI Value: 70.48
- FOR Price Action: Shares of Forestar Group fell 0.5% to close at $15.47 on Friday, and fell 0.3% in the after-hours trading session.
INDUS Realty Trust, Inc. INDT
- INDUS Realty Trust recently received a $65 per share acquisition offer from Centerbridge Partners. The company has a 52-week high of $82.94.
- RSI Value: 73.44
- INDT Price Action: Shares of INDUS Realty Trust slipped 0.3% to close at $63.63 on Friday.
Xinyuan Real Estate Co., Ltd. XIN
- Xinyuan Group recently said it has completed and delivered six projects in six cities in China during the third quarter. The company’s 52-week high is $12.30.
- RSI Value: 70.42
- XIN Price Action: Shares of Xinyuan Real Estate gained 2.7% to close at $4.20 on Friday.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.