- The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has granted Dominion Energy Inc D a pivotal approval to fly Skydio drones beyond visual line of sight (BVLOS) to inspect power generation facilities in seven states.
- Dominion obtained the waiver in partnership with Skydio’s regulatory team under the FAA BEYOND program.
- Dominion Energy may conduct scaled BVLOS operations to inspect more than 40 power facilities in Connecticut, Georgia, Indiana, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia.
- “A 20-minute inspection by a battery-powered drone will increase safety for our colleagues, who will no longer need to rappel down the side of a structure, as well as save time during inspection-related preparations,” stated Nate Robie, Dominion Energy’s manager of unmanned systems program.
- Price Action: D shares are trading higher by 1.13% at $80.33 on the last check Wednesday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.