- Alibaba Group Holding Limited BABA created a new subsidiary, Lingyang Intelligent Service Co, to help companies in their digital transformation, the SCMP reports.
- It reflects Alibaba's effort to engage new market segments and industries as domestic online retail competition amplified amid weak consumer spending and economic slowdown.
- The move shortly follows Chair and CEO Daniel Zhang Yong's article stressing the importance of technology to Chinese society.
- Also Read: Alibaba Goes Amazon Way To Develop In-House Silicon
- Lingyang will offer "data-intelligence-as-a-service" to enterprises by leveraging the expertise of Alibaba.
- Alibaba coined the term to distinguish Lingyang's offering from software-as-a-service, a long-standing enterprise delivery model in which software is accessed online via subscription.
- The core team of Lingyang's involvement in significant events like the annual Singles' Day shopping festival has made them conversant about data.
- Alibaba VP Peng Xinyu, an expert in corporate data management, serves as CEO at Lingyang.
- Lingyang's 11 core products include Dataphin, Bizphin, Quick Audience, Quick BI (for business intelligence0, Business Adviser and Operation Adviser.
- Alibaba has already expanded its reach into the enterprise services market via Alibaba Cloud.
- Alibaba Cloud recently reported that it turned in a full-year profit for the first time in 13 years, posting a 1.1 billion yuan ($164 million) profit for the 12 months to March 31.
- Alibaba emphasized focusing overseas to beat the overhang from the uncertain domestic regulatory environment.
- Price Action: BABA shares traded lower by 2.56% at $113.03 on the last check Tuesday.
- Photo by Fooksou Lamimo via Wikimedia
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.