US stock futures traded higher this morning on Wednesday ahead of the key interest rate decision from the Federal Reserve. Investors, meanwhile, focused on some notable insider trades.
When insiders sell shares, it indicates their concern in the company’s prospects or that they view the stock as being overpriced. Either way, this signals an opportunity to go short on the stock. Insider sales should not be taken as the only indicator for making an investment or trading decision. At best, it can lend conviction to a selling decision.
Below is a look at a few recent notable insider sales. For more, check out Benzinga's insider transactions platform.
- The Trade: Electronic Arts Inc. EA Chief People Officer Vijayanthimala Singh sold a total of 800 shares at an average price of $131.26. The insider received around $105.01 thousand from selling those shares.
- What’s Happening: MoffettNathanson, last week, downgraded Electronic Arts from Buy to Neutral and raised the price target from $141 to $147.
- What Electronic Arts Does: EA is one of the world's largest third-party video game publishers and has transitioned from a console-based video game publisher to the one of the largest publishers on consoles, PC, and mobile.
- The Trade: Bristol-Myers Squibb Company BMY Board Chair and CEO Giovanni Caforio sold a total of 30,000 shares at an average price of $74.04. The insider received around $2.22 million as a result of the transaction.
- What’s Happening: Raymond James, last week, downgraded Bristol-Myers Squibb from Outperform to Market Perform.
- What Bristol-Myers Squibb Does: Bristol-Myers Squibb discovers, develops, and markets drugs for various therapeutic areas, such as cardiovascular, oncology, and immune disorders.
Have a look at our premarket coverage here .
- The Trade: Cisco Systems, Inc. CSCO EVP & Chief Operating Officer Maria Martinez sold a total of 9,272 shares at an average price of $43.79. The insider received around $406.04 thousand from selling those shares.
- What’s Happening: Cisco, last month, reported worse-than-expected Q3 sales results.
- What Cisco Does: Cisco Systems, Inc. is the world's largest hardware and software supplier within the networking solutions sector. The secure, agile networks business contains switching, routing, and wireless solutions. The hybrid work division has products for collaboration and contact center needs.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.