- Astronics Corp ATRO has secured a contract from Southwest Airlines Co LUV to provide EMPOWER Passenger In-Seat Power System for installation on 475 Boeing Co BA 737 MAX-7 and MAX-8 aircraft. Financial terms not disclosed.
- The award is part of Southwest's recently announced cabin upgrade initiative to enhance the customer experience.
- The system configuration selected by Southwest will provide 60W Type-C and 10.5W Type-A USB charging ports at every passenger seat.
- Astronics will begin delivering in 4Q22 for retrofit installations on Southwest's existing MAX-8 fleet, which will start in early 2023.
- Astronics Connectivity Systems and Certification has been chosen to provide the retrofit installation design, STC certification, and installation kits.
- Deliveries to Boeing for installation on new production-line aircraft will commence in 2023.
- Price Action: ATRO shares are trading higher by 6.34% at $11.58, and LUV lower by 3.21% at $43.44 on the last check Wednesday.
- Photo Via Company
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.