- Aspen Aerogels Inc ASPN stated that the increased visibility to expected order volume for 2022 from General Motors Co GM and Toyota Motors Corp TM is driving an updated outlook in thermal barrier revenues from $18 million to a range of $52 million - $62 million, a potential threefold increase in demand versus original expectations.
- FY22 Outlook, updated: Aspen expects revenue of $180 million - $200 million (previous view $145 million - $155 million) against the consensus of $154.83 million.
- It expects a net loss of $(79.8) million - $(86.8) million (prior view $(66.7) million - $(70.7) million.
- The company attributed the wider loss expectation to increased materials costs and manufacturing and operating expenses required to support the additional thermal barrier volumes.
- ASPN expects Adjusted EBITDA of $(55.0) million - $(62.0) million (prior view $(42.0) million - $(46.0) million).
- It expects a net loss per share of $(2.20) - $(2.40) versus prior view of $(1.88) - $(1.99), against the consensus of $(1.97).
- ASPN expects capital expenditures of $250 million - $300 million, reflecting the advancing progress of Phase I of Plant II and the acceleration of investments for high-volume thermal barrier assembly in Mexico.
- CEO Donald R. Young stated, "Our updated outlook for the year reflects an acceleration in demand and penetration in the EV market, coupled with solid energy industrial growth. We are increasing our investment levels for the year in advance of the significant expected growth within our PyroThin® thermal barrier business."
- Price Action: ASPN shares are trading higher by 13.4% at $20.15 on the last check Monday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.