- Netflix Inc's NFLX Swedish rival NENT, which looked to foray into Britain later this year with its streaming service Viaplay, added live sports to its content line-up in the country.
- NENT also secured long-term exclusive rights in Britain to sporting events such as ice hockey, skating, and handball from various sports organizations.
- Also Read: Could A Netflix, Formula One Streaming Partnership Reach The Finish Line?
- NENT, famed for Nordic noir crime series, expanded to more than a dozen countries to compete with giant sharks like Netflix and The Walt Disney Co DIS, Reuters reports.
- Price Action: NFLX shares traded higher by 1.39% at $379.70 premarket on the last check Thursday.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.