- Singapore Airlines SINGY has ordered an additional 22 GE9X engines from General Electric Co GE operating unit GE Aviation to power its 777-9 aircraft fleet.
- The order includes a 12-year GE TrueChoice services contract and is valued at $2.8 billion at list price.
- Singapore Airlines has 31 Boeing Co BA 777-9 aircraft on order. In 2017, the airline had placed an initial order for 40 GE9X engines.
- The Boeing 777-9 will be the world's largest and most efficient twin-engine jet, delivering 10% better fuel use, emissions, and operating costs than any aircraft in its class.
- Like all GE commercial engines, both the GE9X and GE90 are compatible with any approved Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF).
- Price Action: GE shares are trading higher by 1.48% at $98.03 during the premarket session on Tuesday, and SINGY closed higher by 0.59% at $7.66 on Monday.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.