The Market In 5 Minutes
IN THE NEWS
Idera Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ: IDRA) is a clinical stage biotech that has recently refocused its pipeline to focus on oncology, starting with melanoma. The company has seen its share price rise 50 percent in 2017: Link
Entrepreneurs often complain that federal regulations of the finance industry impede radical advances in technology. Venture capitalist Adam Boyden has a different take: Link
Alan Brochstein, also known as the 420 Investor, joined Benzinga's PreMarket Prep to discuss some of the top marijuana stock: Link
THE WALL STREET JOURNAL
A gunman opened fire on the Champs-Élysées on Thursday, killing a police officer and wounding two others in an assault authorities said was likely a terror attack, just days before France’s presidential elections begin: Link
Donald Trump’s effort to force the federal government to “Buy American” will be a challenge as foreign-owned companies already hauled in more money from federal contracts in the past three months than in any corresponding period in a decade: Link
A group of 11 Republican state attorneys general are protesting an investigation into whether Exxon Mobil Corp. (NYSE: XOM) violated consumer protection laws when selling fossil fuel products, according to a court filing: Link
A high-stakes shareholder vote at Wells Fargo & Co (NYSE: WFC) next week will determine whether the bank has done enough to retain investor confidence after its phony-account scandal, and whether a leading proxy adviser wields enough clout to help oust most of its board: Link
Billionaire investor Paul Tudor Jones has a message for Janet Yellen and investors: Be very afraid. Link
Trump plans to propose spending about $200 billion in taxpayer dollars on an infrastructure development plan that would leverage private financing, his budget director said -- adding that the plan won’t be ready until this fall: Link
Student loan giant Navient Corp. (NASDAQ: NAVI) shouldn’t be allowed to buy $3.7 billion of federal student loans from JPMorgan Chase (NYSE: JPM), current and former government officials have said, because pending government allegations of wrongdoing against the company raise concerns that new customers would similarly be mistreated: Link
Arconic (NYSE: ARNC), the aluminum parts maker under fire from an activist investor, used “fake news” to scare shareholders from voting in new board members, the Atlanta Firefighters’ Pension fund claimed in a lawsuit filed Thursday: Link
- Minneapolis Federal Reserve Bank President Neel Kashkari is set to speak in St. Paul, Minn. at 9:30 a.m. ET.
- The flash Composite PMI for April is schedule for release at 9:45 a.m. ET.
- Data on existing home sales for March will be released at 10:00 a.m. ET.
- The Baker Hughes North American rig count report for the latest week is schedule for release at 1:00 p.m. ET.
- Barclays upgraded Costco Wholesale (NASDAQ: COST) from Equal-Weight to Overweight
- B. Riley upgraded Skechers (NYSE: SKX) from Neutral to Buy
- Raymond James upgraded Quest Diagnostics (NYSE: DGX) from Market Perform to Outperform
- Jefferies downgraded Humana (NYSE: HUM) from Buy to Hold
- JP Morgan downgraded Varex Imaging (NASDAQ: VREX) from Neutral to Underweight
- Credit Suisse downgraded National Beverage (NASDAQ: FIZZ) from Outperform to Neutral
This is a tool used by the Benzinga News Desk each trading day — it's a look at everything happening in the market, in five minutes. To get the full version of this note every morning, click here or email email@example.com.
© 2017 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.