Indian Markets Open Higher; Sensex Up Over 200 Points
Indian stock markets were trading higher on Tuesday. The S&P BSE Sensex climbed 203 points, or 0.77 percent at 26553.24. The 30-share index touched a low of 26,357.56 in morning trade. The Nifty50 rose 0.77 percent to 8189.80, after touching a low of 8,128.70 in morning trade.
The S&P BSE Midcap Index gained 0.59 percent, while the BSE S&P Smallcap Index rose 0.72 percent.
The Indian rupee rose 4 paise to trade at 68.73 against the U.S. dollar.
Direxion Daily India Bull 2X Shares (NYSEARCA: INDL) rose 1.43 percent to close at $44.61 on Monday, while PowerShares India Portfolio (ETF) (NYSEARCA: PIN) gained 0.58 percent to close at $19.24.
US stock markets closed lower on Monday, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average dropping 0.28 percent, the S&P500 index declining 0.53 per cent, and the Nasdaq Composite falling 0.56 percent.
US WTI crude futures on the NYMEX dropped 0.57 percent to trade at $46.81 per barrel.
Top market movers among the BSE index are as follows
- Mobile Telecommunications Ltd. rose about 20 percent to 3.06 INR.
- Ganesh Housing Corporation Ltd. rose 16 percent to 74.60 INR.
- Kamadgiri Fashion Ltd. shares gained around 16 percent to 80.80 INR.
- CNI Research Ltd. shares surged 16 percent to 2.85 INR.
- Amrapali Fincap Ltd. tumbled 20 percent to 97.00 INR.
- Shree Rajasthan Syntex Ltd. shares dropped around 12 percent to 11.87 INR.
- TCFC Finance Ltd. fell around 11 percent to 30.35 INR.
- Anshu's Clothing Ltd. shares declined 10 percent to 2.00 INR.
© 2017 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.