Market Overview

Wall Street's M&A Chatter From November 18-20

Share:

The following are the M&A deals, rumors and chatter circulating on Wall Street for Friday November 18 through Sunday November 20, 2016.

Boral to Acquire Headwaters for $24.25/Share in Cash

The Deal

Headwaters Inc (NYSE: HW) announced Sunday it has entered into a binding merger agreement with Boral Limited which Boral will acquire Headwaters for $24.25 per share in cash, for an enterprise value of approximately $2.6 billion. The acquisition is expected to be completed in mid-2017.

Headwaters closed at $20.09 on Friday, down $0.12.

Allergan, TPG, Carl Zeiss Meditec in Talks to Acquire Valeant's Eye-Surgery Assets

The Rumor

Allergan Plc (NYSE: AGN), TPG and Carl Zeiss Meditec AG are said to be among potential bidders for Valeant Pharmaceuticals Intl Inc's (NYSE: VRX) eye-surgery assets, according to sources as reported by Bloomberg on Friday. The Valeant assets could be worth about $2 billion the sources said.

Valeant closed at $17.95 on Friday, down $0.03.

Dana Inc to Buy Power-Transmission And Fluid Power Unit From Brevini Group For $345.29M

The Deal

Dana Inc (NYSE: DAN) announced Friday an agreement to purchase the power-transmission and fluid power businesses of Brevini Group, with plans to initially purchase an 80 percent share and an an option to purchase the remaining 20 percent by 2020 for a total value of €325 million. The deal is expected to close in early 2017.

Dana closed Friday at $17.01, up 2.72 percent.

Symantec Reaches Deal to Acquire LifeLock

The Rumor:

Bloomberg reported Sunday that Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) has reached a deal to acquire LifeLock Inc (NASDAQ: LOCK) for $2.4 billion. The deal could be announced on Monday. Earlier, Reuters reported that Symantec was in the lead to acquire LifeLock.

LifeLock closed Friday at $20.75, up $0.03.

Posted-In: M&A News Rumors

 

Related Articles (AGN + DAN)

View Comments and Join the Discussion!
Fastest Market News Application
You'll Hear It First On Pro
Don't Miss Any Updates!
News Directly in Your Inbox
Subscribe to:
Benzinga Trading Daily
Get pre-market outlook, mid-day update and after-market roundup emails in your inbox.
Market in 5 Minutes
Everything you need to know about the market - quick & easy.
Daily Analyst Rating
A summary of each day’s top rating changes from sell-side analysts on the street.
Thank You

Thank you for subscribing! If you have any questions feel free to call us at 1-877-440-ZING or email us at vipaccounts@benzinga.com

EUR/USD Trading Higher, Spains Trade Deficit Improves

Alexion, JetBlue, Sothebys: Fast Money Picks For November 21