KFC Launches Fried Chicken Scented Sunscreen
Tuesday, Kentucky Fried Chicken (Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM)), a fast food restaurant chain best known for its comfort cooking, gave away bottles of its limited-edition offering — sunscreen. Within hours, consumers emptied the restaurant's stock of the lotion.
Benzinga searched high and low on social media for reactions to this new product offering. Here are a few of our favorites:
1. "If laying down and enjoying your brand new chicken-scented sunscreen from @KFC is wrong, then I don't wanna be right." —@willganss
2. "KFC's Fried Chicken-Scented Sunscreen ensures you won't get extra crispy." —@CNBC
3. "Incredible @KFC, althought [sic.] I may be more excited about #BigMac sunscreen #Imlovingit." —@leadersayswhat
4. "Hit the beach smelling like 11 herbs and spices." —@ThreeKpromo
5. "'Smells like chicken, tastes like sunscreen' — further blurring the line between marketing and reality." —@pglatz
6. "Smell like fried chicken without feeling extra crispy! #KFC." —@FOX59
7. "Neil: Protect your skin AND smell like fried chicken? What a time to be alive." —@Q104Halifax
8. "@iveythacker @kfc plz I need it, I wanna smell like fried chicken 24/7." —@damonbiggs6
9. "Another sign of the end times: KFC sunscreen." —@philwahba
Do you have ideas for articles/interviews you'd like to see more of on Benzinga? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your best article ideas. One person will be randomly selected to win a $20 Amazon gift card!
© 2017 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.