The Most Popular Stocks This 13F Season
Investors holding stocks in different companies take a stand based on the stakes held or increased by financial institutions. As top funds are the major investors in the market, retail investors often take a cue from their actions to support taking a position in certain names.
Therefore, Form 13F, which is filed by all the financial institutions having investments of more than $100 million, provide enough scope for investors to determine the most popular stocks each quarter.
Let's look at some of the institutions' picks in the second quarter:
Paulson & Co
Paulson & Co boosted its stakes in:
- Facebook Inc (NASDAQ: FB).
- Boston Scientific Corporation (NYSE: BSX).
- Rite Aid Corporation (NYSE: RAD).
- Office Depot Inc (NASDAQ: ODP).
Corvex lifted its stake in the following:
Chanos' Kynikos picked up stakes in:
Soros picked fresh stake in:
Elliot acquired fresh stakes in:
- PulteGroup, Inc. (NYSE: PHM).
- Mentor Graphics Corp (NASDAQ: MENT).
- Cabelas Inc (NYSE: CAB).
- Imperva Inc (NYSE: IMPV).
Greenlight boosted its stakes in:
- General Motors Company (NYSE: GM).
- Hertz Global Holdings, Inc (NYSE: HTZ).
- AmerisourceBergen Corp. (NYSE: ABC).
- Rite Aid.
Carl Icahn picked up a stake in Allergan plc Ordinary Shares (NYSE: AGN).
Tiger Global boosted its stake in:
- Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN).
- Charter Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: CHTR).
- Priceline Group Inc (NASDAQ: PCLN).
- Restaurant Brands International Inc (NYSE: QSR).
Cooperman's Omega showed interest in airlines companies by picking up Delta Air Lines, Inc. (NYSE: DAL) and United Continental Holdings Inc (NYSE: UAL). The company also boosted its stake in Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA), Allergan and Altisource Portfolio Solutions S.A. (NASDAQ: ASPS).
Jana Partners initiated stake in:
The table was provided by Benzinga Professional, a premium service that provides traders and investors with real-time headlines and analysis covering earnings reports, M&A, IPOs, rumors and much more. Start a 14-day trial today to gain access to important coverage that is moving the markets.
Do you have ideas for articles/interviews you'd like to see more of on Benzinga? Please email email@example.com with your best article ideas. One person will be randomly selected to win a $20 Amazon gift card!
© 2017 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.