Market Overview

Johnson Controls, Hitachi Complete Global Air Conditioning JV Agreement


Johnson Controls, (NYSE: JCI), Hitachi, Ltd. (OTC: HTHIY) and Hitachi Appliances, Inc. today announced the companies have completed their global joint venture agreement and will immediately commence operations of Johnson Controls-Hitachi Air Conditioning to provide global customers with a full range of world class air conditioning products and technology.Through the agreement, Johnson Controls has acquired a 60 percent ownership stake of the new entity, which has more than 350 billion yen in sales annually (approximately $2.8 billion). Hitachi Appliances retains ownership of the remaining 40 percent of the company.The joint venture has approximately 14,000 employees and 24 global locations dedicated to design, engineering and manufacturing throughout Asia, Europe and Latin America. It will build on both organizations' technology, research and development leadership, as well as expanding marketing channels.Customers globally will now have the most diverse range of air conditioning products in the industry, including Hitachi's world-class variable refrigerant flow systems, residential air-conditioning solutions, high-efficiency chillers and leading-edge rotary and scroll compressors - in addition to Johnson Controls' industry leading HVAC and building automation solutions.The joint venture's management team will be led by Franz Cerwinka, chief executive

See full press release

Posted-In: News Contracts Press Releases


Related Articles (JCI + HTHIY)

View Comments and Join the Discussion!
Fastest Market News Application
You'll Hear It First On Pro
Don't Miss Any Updates!
News Directly in Your Inbox
Subscribe to:
Benzinga Trading Daily
Get pre-market outlook, mid-day update and after-market roundup emails in your inbox.
Market in 5 Minutes
Everything you need to know about the market - quick & easy.
Daily Analyst Rating
A summary of each day’s top rating changes from sell-side analysts on the street.
Thank You

Thank you for subscribing! If you have any questions feel free to call us at 1-877-440-ZING or email us at

LyondellBasell Acquires SJS Plastiblends in India; Terms Not Disclosed

BioMarin to Acquire Rights to Phenylketonuria Franchise From Merck Serono for Upfront Payment of €340M, Plus Milestones