Someone with a lot of money to spend has taken a bearish stance on Guardant Health GH.
And retail traders should know.
We noticed this today when the big position showed up on publicly available options history that we track here at Benzinga.
Whether this is an institution or just a wealthy individual, we don't know. But when something this big happens with GH, it often means somebody knows something is about to happen.
So how do we know what this whale just did?
Today, Benzinga's options scanner spotted 10 uncommon options trades for Guardant Health.
This isn't normal.
The overall sentiment of these big-money traders is split between 30% bullish and 70%, bearish.
Out of all of the special options we uncovered, 2 are puts, for a total amount of $149,380, and 8 are calls, for a total amount of $368,847.
What's The Price Target?
Taking into account the Volume and Open Interest on these contracts, it appears that whales have been targeting a price range from $25.0 to $65.0 for Guardant Health over the last 3 months.
Volume & Open Interest Development
Looking at the volume and open interest is a powerful move while trading options. This data can help you track the liquidity and interest for Guardant Health's options for a given strike price. Below, we can observe the evolution of the volume and open interest of calls and puts, respectively, for all of Guardant Health's whale trades within a strike price range from $25.0 to $65.0 in the last 30 days.
Guardant Health Option Volume And Open Interest Over Last 30 Days
Biggest Options Spotted:
|Symbol||PUT/CALL||Trade Type||Sentiment||Exp. Date||Strike Price||Total Trade Price||Open Interest||Volume|
Where Is Guardant Health Standing Right Now?
- With a volume of 387,615, the price of GH is up 6.34% at $51.31.
- RSI indicators hint that the underlying stock may be approaching overbought.
- Next earnings are expected to be released in 99 days.
What The Experts Say On Guardant Health:
- Stephens & Co. has decided to maintain their Overweight rating on Guardant Health, which currently sits at a price target of $90.
- Craig-Hallum downgraded its action to Buy with a price target of $88
- Goldman Sachs has decided to maintain their Buy rating on Guardant Health, which currently sits at a price target of $70.
- Piper Sandler downgraded its action to Neutral with a price target of $50
- Credit Suisse has decided to maintain their Outperform rating on Guardant Health, which currently sits at a price target of $70.
Options are a riskier asset compared to just trading the stock, but they have higher profit potential. Serious options traders manage this risk by educating themselves daily, scaling in and out of trades, following more than one indicator, and following the markets closely.
If you want to stay updated on the latest options trades for Guardant Health, Benzinga Pro gives you real-time options trades alerts.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.