A whale with a lot of money to spend has taken a noticeably bearish stance on UnitedHealth Group.
Looking at options history for UnitedHealth Group UNH we detected 12 strange trades.
If we consider the specifics of each trade, it is accurate to state that 33% of the investors opened trades with bullish expectations and 66% with bearish.
From the overall spotted trades, 6 are puts, for a total amount of $278,734 and 6, calls, for a total amount of $225,802.
What's The Price Target?
Taking into account the Volume and Open Interest on these contracts, it appears that whales have been targeting a price range from $400.0 to $550.0 for UnitedHealth Group over the last 3 months.
Volume & Open Interest Development
Looking at the volume and open interest is an insightful way to conduct due diligence on a stock.
This data can help you track the liquidity and interest for UnitedHealth Group's options for a given strike price.
Below, we can observe the evolution of the volume and open interest of calls and puts, respectively, for all of UnitedHealth Group's whale activity within a strike price range from $400.0 to $550.0 in the last 30 days.
UnitedHealth Group Option Volume And Open Interest Over Last 30 Days
Biggest Options Spotted:
|Symbol||PUT/CALL||Trade Type||Sentiment||Exp. Date||Strike Price||Total Trade Price||Open Interest||Volume|
Where Is UnitedHealth Group Standing Right Now?
- With a volume of 683,752, the price of UNH is down -0.05% at $544.38.
- RSI indicators hint that the underlying stock may be approaching overbought.
- Next earnings are expected to be released in 58 days.
What The Experts Say On UnitedHealth Group:
- Argus Research has decided to maintain their Buy rating on UnitedHealth Group, which currently sits at a price target of $650.
- Morgan Stanley has decided to maintain their Overweight rating on UnitedHealth Group, which currently sits at a price target of $587.
- UBS has decided to maintain their Neutral rating on UnitedHealth Group, which currently sits at a price target of $570.
- Mizuho has decided to maintain their Buy rating on UnitedHealth Group, which currently sits at a price target of $600.
- Credit Suisse has decided to maintain their Outperform rating on UnitedHealth Group, which currently sits at a price target of $579.
Options are a riskier asset compared to just trading the stock, but they have higher profit potential. Serious options traders manage this risk by educating themselves daily, scaling in and out of trades, following more than one indicator, and following the markets closely.
If you want to stay updated on the latest options trades for UnitedHealth Group, Benzinga Pro gives you real-time options trades alerts.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.