A whale with a lot of money to spend has taken a noticeably bearish stance on PayPal Holdings.
Looking at options history for PayPal Holdings PYPL we detected 21 strange trades.
If we consider the specifics of each trade, it is accurate to state that 47% of the investors opened trades with bullish expectations and 52% with bearish.
From the overall spotted trades, 11 are puts, for a total amount of $1,000,118 and 10, calls, for a total amount of $545,418.
What's The Price Target?
Taking into account the Volume and Open Interest on these contracts, it appears that whales have been targeting a price range from $85.0 to $450.0 for PayPal Holdings over the last 3 months.
Volume & Open Interest Development
In terms of liquidity and interest, the mean open interest for PayPal Holdings options trades today is 2497.06 with a total volume of 4,347.00.
In the following chart, we are able to follow the development of volume and open interest of call and put options for PayPal Holdings's big money trades within a strike price range of $85.0 to $450.0 over the last 30 days.
PayPal Holdings Option Volume And Open Interest Over Last 30 Days
Biggest Options Spotted:
|Symbol||PUT/CALL||Trade Type||Sentiment||Exp. Date||Strike Price||Total Trade Price||Open Interest||Volume|
Where Is PayPal Holdings Standing Right Now?
- With a volume of 3,148,986, the price of PYPL is up 2.14% at $101.23.
- RSI indicators hint that the underlying stock may be overbought.
- Next earnings are expected to be released in 87 days.
What The Experts Say On PayPal Holdings:
- Morgan Stanley has decided to maintain their Overweight rating on PayPal Holdings, which currently sits at a price target of $134.
- Berenberg has decided to maintain their Buy rating on PayPal Holdings, which currently sits at a price target of $145.
- Mizuho has decided to maintain their Buy rating on PayPal Holdings, which currently sits at a price target of $118.
- Truist Securities has decided to maintain their Hold rating on PayPal Holdings, which currently sits at a price target of $108.
- BMO Capital has decided to maintain their Outperform rating on PayPal Holdings, which currently sits at a price target of $124.
Options are a riskier asset compared to just trading the stock, but they have higher profit potential. Serious options traders manage this risk by educating themselves daily, scaling in and out of trades, following more than one indicator, and following the markets closely.
If you want to stay updated on the latest options trades for PayPal Holdings, Benzinga Pro gives you real-time options trades alerts.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.