A whale with a lot of money to spend has taken a noticeably bearish stance on Meta Platforms.
Looking at options history for Meta Platforms META we detected 64 strange trades.
If we consider the specifics of each trade, it is accurate to state that 42% of the investors opened trades with bullish expectations and 57% with bearish.
From the overall spotted trades, 30 are puts, for a total amount of $1,811,306 and 34, calls, for a total amount of $1,937,363.
What's The Price Target?
Taking into account the Volume and Open Interest on these contracts, it appears that whales have been targeting a price range from $115.0 to $320.0 for Meta Platforms over the last 3 months.
Volume & Open Interest Development
Looking at the volume and open interest is a powerful move while trading options. This data can help you track the liquidity and interest for Meta Platforms's options for a given strike price. Below, we can observe the evolution of the volume and open interest of calls and puts, respectively, for all of Meta Platforms's whale trades within a strike price range from $115.0 to $320.0 in the last 30 days.
Meta Platforms Option Volume And Open Interest Over Last 30 Days
Biggest Options Spotted:
|Symbol||PUT/CALL||Trade Type||Sentiment||Exp. Date||Strike Price||Total Trade Price||Open Interest||Volume|
Where Is Meta Platforms Standing Right Now?
- With a volume of 16,687,141, the price of META is up 2.83% at $171.84.
- RSI indicators hint that the underlying stock may be approaching overbought.
- Next earnings are expected to be released in 77 days.
What The Experts Say On Meta Platforms:
- Deutsche Bank has decided to maintain their Buy rating on Meta Platforms, which currently sits at a price target of $235.
- DZ Bank downgraded its action to Sell with a price target of $140
- Evercore ISI Group has decided to maintain their Outperform rating on Meta Platforms, which currently sits at a price target of $240.
- Wolfe Research has decided to maintain their Outperform rating on Meta Platforms, which currently sits at a price target of $200.
- Citigroup has decided to maintain their Buy rating on Meta Platforms, which currently sits at a price target of $222.
Options are a riskier asset compared to just trading the stock, but they have higher profit potential. Serious options traders manage this risk by educating themselves daily, scaling in and out of trades, following more than one indicator, and following the markets closely.
If you want to stay updated on the latest options trades for Meta Platforms, Benzinga Pro gives you real-time options trades alerts.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.