- A court filing submitted Friday in the Southern District of New York states that the bankrupt cryptocurrency lender Celsius has dropped its plea to reinstate former CFO Rod Bolger, reported CNBC.
- The withdrawal notice was published just before a Monday, August 8 hearing to review it.
- A week ago, the company had approached Ex-CFO Rod Bolger to come back and work with Celsius in exchange for $92,000 monthly pay, prorated over a minimum of six weeks,
- Related: Celsius Is Looking To Rehire Its CFO Rod Bolger: CNBC
- In the original motion, Celsius stated that it needed Bolger to help navigate the bankruptcy proceedings as an advisor “because of Mr. Bolger’s familiarity with the Debtors’ business.”
- It went on to say that during Bolger’s tenure, he led efforts to steady the business during turbulent market volatility this year, guiding the financial aspects of the business and acting as a leader of the company.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Visit Benzinga's Crypto Homepage - 1,000,000+ depend on Benzinga Crypto every month