Skip to main content

Market Overview

US Steel To Acquire 49.9% Interest In Big River Steel For $700M Cash

Share:
US Steel To Acquire 49.9% Interest In Big River Steel For $700M Cash

United States Steel Corporation (NYSE: X) announced Tuesday that it has taken the first step toward acquiring Big River Steel through the purchase of a 49.9% ownership interest at a purchase price of approximately $700 million in cash, with a call option to acquire the remaining 50.1% within the next four years.

The company said it has already committed financing to execute the transaction.

Big River’s recently announced Phase II-A expansion is expected to double the mill’s hot-rolled steel production capacity to 3.3 million tons annually, establishing it as one of the largest EAF-based flat-rolled mills in North America.

The enterprise value of Big River is approximately $2.325 billion, according to U.S. Steel. 

U.S. Steel shares were trading down 7.27% to $10.71 in Tuesday's premarket session. The stock has a 52-week high of $30.91 and a 52-week low of $10.16.

Related Links:

US Steel Is The Latest Steel Manufacturer To Warn About Guidance

Steel Dynamics Warns For Q2 Steel Shipments

 

Related Articles (X)

View Comments and Join the Discussion!

Posted-In: Big River SteelM&A News Best of Benzinga

Don't Miss Any Updates!
News Directly in Your Inbox
Subscribe to:
Benzinga Premarket Activity
Get pre-market outlook, mid-day update and after-market roundup emails in your inbox.
Market in 5 Minutes
Everything you need to know about the market - quick & easy.
Fintech Focus
A daily collection of all things fintech, interesting developments and market updates.
SPAC
Everything you need to know about the latest SPAC news.
Thank You

Thank you for subscribing! If you have any questions feel free to call us at 1-877-440-ZING or email us at vipaccounts@benzinga.com