The list of the most popular esports teams of 2022 is out.
So, which is the most-watched esports team of the past 12 months?
As per TyC Sports, T1, the "League of Legends" team composed by Zeus, Oner, Faker, Gumayusi, and Keria, was the esports organization most chosen by the viewers, with 112.9 million hours watched and 675K viewers on average, 27.5% more than in 2021. Moreover, T1 got the highest peak of the year, with 5.14 million views during the "Worlds" final against team DRX.
See also: Meet Furious Gaming: The eSports Team That Thrives Alongside Soccer Superstar Paulo Dybala As It Seeks To Diversify Revenue Streams
The second place belongs to RRQ Hoshi, the Indonesian "Mobile Legends" team. In 2022, matches with its participation generated 88.2 million hours watched (up 30.3%) and attracted 750K average viewers.
Meanwhile, the third place was earned by the Ukrainian "CS:GO" Natus Vincere (NAVI). During 2022, the team generated 74.4 million hours watched, a decrease of 14.8% in contrast with 2021. Furthermore, matches of NAVI were watched by an average of 384K viewers.
Which Other Teams Are Part Of The Top 10 Most Watched?
- DRX, which practices Tencent TCEHY's "League of Legends," got 4th place.
- 5th place was occupied by "CS:GO" team FaZe Clan FAZEW.
- 6th place belongs to "Mobile Legends" team ONIC Esports.
- 7th place was earned by Gen. G Esports, the team that plays "League of Legends."
- EVOS Legends, which practices "Mobile Legends," took the 8th place.
- G2 Esports ("CS:GO") was placed in 9th place.
- DWG KIA ("League of Legends") finished in 10th place.
Continue reading: Interview: How Guild Of Guardians, Top Esports Teams Are Partnering To Bring Web3 Gaming To Web2 Audience
Photo by Alex Haney on Unsplash
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.