- Drug Discovery company C4X Discovery Holdings plc has signed an exclusive worldwide licensing agreement with AstraZeneca plc AZN worth up to $402 million for its NRF2 Activator program.
- C4X Discovery is listed on the London Stock exchange, and the deal is the third significant deal with a major pharmaceutical company.
- AstraZeneca will develop and commercialize an oral therapy for inflammatory and respiratory diseases with a lead focus on chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Related: FDA Adcomm Backs AstraZeneca's 2-In-1 Asthma Inhaler, Only For Adults Being Less Sure For Adolescents, Kids.
- Under the terms of the agreement, C4XD will receive pre-clinical milestone payments worth up to $16 million ahead of the first clinical trial, including $2 million upfront.
- In addition, C4XD is eligible to receive a further potential $385.8 million in clinical development and commercial milestones and tiered mid-single digit royalties upon commercialization.
- Price Action: AZN shares are up 0.05% at $66.21 premarket on the last check Monday.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.